This homemade infusion of singani and cocoa from Restaurant GUSTU in La Paz uses two native and beloved products to produce a flavored brandy that tastes distinctly of Bolivia, and can be enjoyed on its own or in a cocktail.
Yield: 750 ml
- 1 bottle singani (750 ml)
- 1/4 cup cocoa beans
- 7 ounces simple syrup
- In a pan toast the cocoa until it becomes aromatic (about 5 minutes).
- Let cool, and then add to the bottle of singani, seal and leave to infuse for 20 days.
- Once infused, slowly add simple syrup, tasting as you go, until the desired degree of sweetness is achieved.
- Let stand for two additional days. Serve chilled.